Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Radish Palya

Radish is one vegetable which I have not relished much in the past, until my friend Anuja introduced me to cooking it this way. I have replaced common white radish with the tiny red ones that we get here.



Ingredients:

Red radish - 2 bunches
Green chilies - 3 (or depending on how hot you prefer)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil, Mustard seeds and Hing for tempering
Lime juice - to taste
Salt - to taste

Method:

- Separate radish from the bunches and wash properly
- Chop them into fine pieces along with the chilies. I used a chopper for convenience
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds and hing
- When the tempering splutters, add turmeric powder and the chopped mixture
- Add salt and mix well
- Let it cook with pan uncovered. Do not add any water
- Finally squeeze some lime/lemon juice
- Serve it hot as a side dish with chapathi

No comments: